Senior Full Stack Developer
Scoop is looking for a senior full stack developer to join our team in Vancouver, BC. This pivotal role will be responsible for back-end and front-end design, development and programming using our core technology stack as well as providing technical guidance and direction to other developers. The position provides exposure to latest cloud, mobile, AI, computer vision and machine learning and huge upside potential.
About Our History
Scoop was created by two industry veterans with extensive academic and industry backgrounds in software engineering, field operations and artificial intelligence. In their careers, Mojgan Givi and Babak Sardary had experienced firsthand the challenges faced by operation managers, field personnel and IT groups grappling with traditional work software and tools. So they decided there had to be a better way! They leveraged their experience and expertise to bring to market a new approach to work software rooted in employee empowerment, communication and agility.
Being passionate about the health of our planet they decided to focus their efforts where it mattered the most: helping nascent fast-growing renewable energy companies soar. Today they continue to attract like-minded individuals who share the same vision and dual passions: technology and renewable energy.
About Our Technology & Our Mission
Powered by artificial intelligence, computer vision, machine learning and cloud technology Scoop® is a novel work execution, management and automation platform that helps solar companies and their teams get more work done and achieve faster growth. Major solar energy companies use our game-changing platform and drag-and-drop work app builder to automate and streamline their field work, facilitate multimedia communication, gather valuable data and provide real-time analytics.
Our mission is to help solar companies become as healthy, efficient and profitable as possible. We believe this is our best chance to have a powerful impact on solar becoming a mainstream source of energy worldwide.
About the Team
The senior full-stack developer will be working closely with the Scoop Product manager, Chief Technology Officer and Chief Data Scientist as well as the rest of the development and QA team to design, develop and deliver improvements and new functionalities for the Scoop platform.
- You have minimum 5-years experience building scalable enterprise software.
- You have a solid understanding of modern web technologies (especially SASS, CoffeeScript, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL)
- You have in-depth knowledge of relational databases and SQL and developing REST APIs.
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services like EC2, RDS, S3
- You have experience with unit test development.
- You have an advanced degree in computer science, engineering or similar
- You are well-versed in tools, techniques and methodologies of agile development.
- You are not afraid of complexity, love to learn new things and coach others.
- You have great written and oral communication skills.
- You are process-oriented and love to keep improving.
- You believe in our cause: using technology to create a better world.